With a population of close to one billion, growing at more than 2% per year, but with less than 80 million TV households, the Sub-Saharan (excluding Arab speaking countries) television market is considered the new frontier by all TV players.
It is fast changing and evolving, driven by the expectations and usage patterns of extremely young users and technological factors that include the rollout of digital terrestrial free television, consumer adoption of pay TV, and the rise of smartphone ownership.
It is also very diverse, with countries that vary widely in culture, languages, levels of development, regulation, and quality of infrastructure.
To succeed, key players and new entrants must figure out how to adapt their service and compete with an expanding range of modern alternatives and competitors.
What you’ll learn in this Webinar
The purpose of this Webinar is to expose to you the African pay and free TV forecast of Dataxis for 2021. Current research, insights as well as the problematics of adoption of TV services in Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone African countries will be also discussed.
Themes and topics
- Typology of SSA countries
- TV household penetration in African countries
- Overview of the TV household penetration rate according to Dataxis
- What hinder the adoption of TV
- Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone pay TV market
- Brief presentation of the pay TV landscape in Africa
- Overview and forecast for 2021
- DTH and DTT subscriber’s evolution
- Dominant players and new entrants gaining momentum
- Pay TV revenues overview
- Overview of pay TV revenue forecast for 2021
- Evolution in Anglophone and Francophone markets
- TV Advertising revenue overview
- Questions & Answers
Priscilla Tirvengadum is the Research Analyst for Dataxis Africa. She devotes particular attention to the telecoms, internet and broadcast industry in Africa. As a Research Analyst for the African continent, Priscilla is responsible for gathering and analyzing data for Pay TV operators, TV content production companies, telecoms operators and internet providers. She works on ensuring accuracy within the data collected for the Dataxis database.
Prior to her role as Research Analyst, Priscilla was the Editor in Chief of NexTV News Africa and India at Dataxis. Before that, she worked for more than 10 years as Senior Journalist specializing in ICT sector in various media group.